Tuesday, May 20, 2008
1. Link the person(S) who tagged you to this post:Shalewa
2. Mention the rules in your blog
3. Tell 6 unspectacular quirks of yours
4. Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged
1. I love cleaning my ears. The feel of q tips in my ears soothe me. I actually looks forward to it sometimes.
2. I don't like people in my room that much. I don't like when people enter my room without telling me. It makes me feel violated. I guess i am just really protective over my territory. Just the thought of someone entering my room without telling me, even if they didn't take anything, makes me mad.
3. I enjoy driving on campus and blasting naija songs like gongo aso, just see the shocked looks on people's faces.
4. I don't know if i'd call this a quirk, but i thought i'd add it anyway.I rarely miss people. Now, its not like i don't miss my friends and stuff, but when i here other females talk about how they miss their friends and family, i just don't feel that intensity. Sure, i'd like to see some of my friends, but not that bad. But oh well.
5. I don't like teddy bears. Now, i think they make a cute gift and all, but i just don't know what to do with them. I have 3, none of which i bought. Half the time they are on the floor, and the other half they are pushed to one end of my bed. I just don't see how hugging a bear helps me sleep (well actually, it helped me once when i had a tummy ache, but hugging my bible has the same effect).
6. When i was in high school, my skin got very reactive in the sense that if someone would touch me, my skin would swell up and i would have this horrible burning sensation. My mom and i tried all sorts of things, but nothing helped it. After being that way for over 5 years, i finally went to see a doctor. After examining me, he asked my mom a series of questions. He asked her what kind of sponges and soaps she used on me when i was younger, and she responded. Finally, the doctor said "Madam, due to the harsh disinfectant soaps you used on your daughter when she was young (e.g dettol) and the aggressive scrubbing with hard sponges, the natural protective barrier on her skin has worn off, which is why she is having such reactions." So, thanks to my mom's desire for me to be clean, i could only use baby soap for 3 years. Thanks mom.
Ok, i'm done. I hereby tag unwritten, folayemi, bumight, ladi, lg and charizard.
I'll blog about my finals and last weekend soon :) See y'all soon!
PS: Imma be in the MD area, so all my peeps over there, STAND UP!
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Imma keep this short and sweet. Please give me your opinions on the following news items(which i am sure y'all have heard)
1. Man in Austria found to have kept daughter imprisoned in basement for 24 years, and fathered 7 children with her. Wife did not know of such activities.
2. People, i had actually posted something else entirely different here, but something just happened to me literally 2 mins ago, and my first thought was: I HAVE TO SHARE THIS WITH MY BLOGSVILLE PEEPS!!! so i got up, turned on my laptop, and here i am.
So here the story goes: I was talking to my friend about some african american dude and then my phone started buzzing. At first i thought it was a former crush of mine (explanation will follow another day), but then i saw it was a nigerian number. So i told my friend to hold on and then i looked at the number. I did not recognise it, and it was an econet number
Caller: Hello, how are you?
Me: I am fine.
Caller: How are you?
Me: I am fine. I am sorry, i don't know who this is.
Caller: You don't know who this is? Ok, this is felix
Caller: Yes, felix
Me: I am sorry, i don't know who this is
(meanwhile, i am trying to figure out if my mom has given another pastor my number to call me in the middle of the night and pray. i will also want to talk about that another day)
Caller: Eh? ok. When are you coming back? (to nigeria)
Me: I am sorry, i don't know this is, so i cannot share that information with you
Caller: Don't worry. I know you are not married and i like you very much
Caller: So how is everybody
At this point, i promptly cut the line, because i did not understand what was going on. I still don't.
Shalewa hon, i will respond to your tag soon, by the grace of God . Hope you are doing good!
As for all other homies on blogsville, have a fantastic weekend (it is almost here!!!) and those who have exams, GOODLUCK, GOD WILL SEE US THROUGH!!!!! :)